Corporate Social Responsibility
Eirebus and its subsidiaries are committed to giving back to the community in which we operate and we support a number of charitable projects and local initiatives. In 2018, we entered into a corporate partnership with mental health charity Aware to raise vital funds for the charity and to promote positive mental health through a range of initiatives and fundraising events. We also support many local charities, including Pieta House, Snowflakes Autism Support and Cardiac First Responders.
Telematics & Fleet Management
Every vehicle in our fleet is fully fitted with Blue Tree telematics to increase the efficiency and safety of our vehicles. We use our telematics system to collect information about vehicle location and driver behaviour including speeding, harsh braking, and idling which have a direct impact on fuel consumption. We have developed an in-house incentive scheme to encourage improved driving, thus reducing our carbon footprint.
We are committed to working towards a greener world and are conscious of our responsibility to protect the environment in which we operate. From a transport perspective, we strive to keep our emissions close to zero with the majority of our tour fleet equipped with Euro 6 engines.
We also strive to protect the environment through the following projects and initiatives:
- Dedicated Compliance Manager appointed in-house
- In-house eco-driving trainers operate regular green driving training programmes
- Rainwater harvesting system feeds into our coach wash to reduce water wastage
- Fuel management system installed on all coaches reducing fuel consumption by 10%
- Driver incentive scheme encourages better driving practices, thus reducing emissions